Finally, I got my hands on the Ikea huset dolls house furniture set! yeah!

.. I had to go to the store to get it as it wasn't available to buy online from the Ikea site, and here it is :)



Well.....
About 5 weeks ago I saw a picture on Flickr of the new dolls house furniture by Ikea! it was a promotional picture.
 I was pretty excited, although there was no information about its scale or size, I figured it might be a similar size to the furniture they have had in the past, or maybe even suitable for 1:12 scale!

Then I came across a very informative post by The Shopping Sherpa and I was crushed that it was in an odd scale, about 1:8 scale, but then again it might work with re-ment?!

The set was due to be released in august here in the UK, so I had to wait. I kept going back to the website for information and finally I couldn't take it anymore I had to have it  or at least some information on when it would be available, so I contacted Ikea on the 1st of august, and was told it was in store at my "not-so-local" Ikea,....grrr... with the promise of a family lunch at Ikea I dragged my family off to Ikea this morning and tada! I am now the excited owner of 2 sets of the Huset series :-) and as you do, I immediately tried out a scene with it ....


It comes as shown above in a white cardboard box and plastic covering...



it was quite easy getting it out of the box :-)
  









I used one set to make the scene below :-)




I placed a re-ment cafe chair in the scene, (the one on the left) for comparison :-)



on the expedit shelves are re-ment pieces on the left and 1:12 scale pieces on the right, and a sylvanian families toy shop house on top.








The larger doll is a 27cm yo-sd doll and the smaller one is 24cms and the furniture works better with her:-)

Comments

  1. I Love that furniture set, and I am going to have it :) though my dolls are 1/12. I think I can use some parts and my grandchildren can use the others.. ;)
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kikka, :-D

      its a lovely set! most of my miniatures are 1:12 and the green lack table is a great match, the chair works too, as long as my little doll is not sitting in it in the picture ;-), my best bit of the sets are the expedit shelves and the rug :) and I will be using them in both 1:12 and 1:6 scenes :-)

      would love to see how you use them x

      Delete
  2. Glad the set worked for you. I was really disappointed they went to such a large scale. I was hoping for 1:12. :(

    Love you room set up, the pieces look good with you re-ment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment