art gallery! inspired by a perfume top :)

I am always on the look out for something I can use in my dolls house or a specific scene. Sometimes I find normal dolls house pieces or sometimes it could be very obscure pieces that look like they would definitely not be useful, and yet I keep them. :) I was given a couple of tiny Avon perfume samples and liked the look of the little vials and decided to use them as vases. I also had a perfume top that reminded me of the gold coloured lundby vintage flower pot thing:) (they are approx the same size) so I decided to use that as well. I covered them with craft foil using DSST as shown below:)
Then I tried to fit them into the house... hmmm needless to say Icouldn't seem to fit them anywhere, so I made a whole scene just around them:)

I have been playing around with different stamps and crafting techniques using enamels and decided to create some modern art which I placed in the scene hence my "art gallery"

The 2 shelves on the left are re-ment and shelf on the right is from Dolls House emporium which I stained and distressed to age it.

All the art work in the room, apart from the 2 pictures on the left (of vases) has been made by me:) using different techniques with foiling, shrink plastic, candle moulding, stamping and enamelling.



The large white cubes and light cubes for a mantelpiece :) the ones that the lights keep changing!

Comments

  1. Cool art studio, I love all the different styles of artwork you created. Perfume bottles for vases? Man I must have some of those around, I'll dig them up now, they look great. Fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment:)
    I must admit I always find myself on the lookout for lovely miniature perfume bottles :)
    I've tried using them as light fixtures too :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment